The Artisans Center of Virginia Award for Excellence distinguishes outstanding achievement by artisans, organizations or individuals who support the advancement of the craft industry in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It provides an opportunity to acknowledge the commitment to excellence that exists within Virginia and recognizes how much craft enriches and contributes to the quality of life and economic prosperity of our communities.
Application consideration is a rolling process with awards presented at ACV’s biennial craft conference.
Recipients To Date:
• Peggy Baggett, Executive Director of the Virginia Commission for the Arts
• Woody Crenshaw, President of ‘Round the Mountain
• John Jessiman, Appomattox, VA
• Nancy Ross, Free Union, VA
• Kevin Crowe, Amherst, VA
• Janice Arone, Charlottesville, VA
• Betty Branch, Artisan, Roanoke, VA
• Chuck Brome, Artisan, Bentonville, VA
• Nan Rothwell, Artisan, Faber, VA
"Silver, gold, minerals, stones and glass. I work with earth-based products. "
Jewelry: Precious Metal Clay, Precious/Semi-Precious Stone,
"What I love about creating functional pottery is the idea that the viewer gets to have a unique relationship with a piece of art"
Shenandoah County Artisan Studios Ceramics:
"I like to throw simple, classical forms to use as a vehicle for my busy surfaces."
Ceramics: Functional, Sculptural,
"Love for my friends of the four-legged woolly variety - everything starts there for me."